Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's that time of year..for the organizing bug.

Well, these pictures were turned in Picasea and now they aren't.  But you get the idea.  This is my laundry room on New Year's Eve.  I guess I wasn't in the mood to fold laundry or wash much either over Christmas.  I told Ryan the folding machine was broken.
This is my laundry room today.  Ahhh.  Doesn't that feel nice?
 These are the baskets I have to put everyone's folded laundry in so they can take it upstairs and put it away.  I labeled them and hung (well Ryan did) three on hooks to have counter space to fold.  Thanks Mom for instilling in me the love of a pretty laundry room.

Some before shots of Amelia & Melissa's closet.  To be fair most of the mess was Amelia's junk.  I threw away enough to almost fill a kitchen trash bag.




After photos of the closet.  I put all the blankets in the green bin.  First I had to dig it out of the garage and scrub it in the bathtub.
Amelia's purse rack inside the closet on the left.  Ryan also put up one of these in Krista's closet.  I think that maybe my girls are learning to love bags just as much as their Mom and Grammie.


The last after shot of the closet. One plus to not getting to this for a while is the blue box at the top is Amelia's Valentine box from last year.  I figured since it is now only a month away I'll save it for her to use again.  The clear plastic shoe box below that is what I call a treasure box.  My kids each have one to put the things that they want to keep that I don't want to see.  If is doesn't fit they can't keep it or they have to get rid of something else.  I cleaned a lot of junk from hers to make room for new treasures, but saved a lot of sentimental cards and things.  Now I don't feel like crying when I open their closet.
Junk drawer in the laundry room.
The after of that drawer.  Maybe now it can't be called a junk drawer.


Most of the work done on the laundry room was done earlier this week, but the junk drawer and closet were done today.  All in all I feel pretty good about a few hours of well spent time.  Now I think I will shower and maybe get a nap before the little ones wake up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it! I LOVE organizing, I'm not OCD or anything ;)