Thursday, June 9, 2011

Greer as we remember it...

I spent most of today making these collages of beautiful Greer Arizona. As I started it was storming here in Bennington, NE and the sights and sounds reminded me so much of the storms we have each Summer afternoon at the cabin.
This first collage was a mistake, but I decided to keep it because the hundreds of little pictures are like the hundreds of little memories I have made throughout my trips to the cabin.
I don't know yet what the extent of the damage is, but I do know that the flames have been close to the cabin. This is a text sent by my uncle “Just spoke with a friend from the Forest Service that was just there by Allen’s cabin. Cabins all standing but flames visible very close with crews spraying area down.” The Allen's cabin is next door to ours. So as of 10:30 this morning we still have a cabin. That gives me hope. What I think breaks my heart the most though it thinking about all of the beautiful forest that is burned.
My prayers are with all of those brave enough to fight this fire and those whose houses are still in the line of fire.










Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Elise said...

So so sad I hope everything is alright!